If Bow Time classes are offered at your school, there are several steps needed to get your child ready for class. Do not follow these steps if Bow Time is not currently offered at your school!
1. Fill out a registration form if you plan to attend an information session at your child's school 2. Attend an information session at your school 3. Get an instrument (usually a rental instrument) and a “Bow Time Bundle” 4. Take a beginner’s class (needed if your child will be participating with non-beginners at your school when they join the class)
1. Complete an on-line registration form – click on “Registration”, complete the form for each child that you want to register, and submit. Completing the form is just for information gathering purposes and does not obligate you in any way.
2. Attend an information session at your school with your child if one is scheduled – there are no information sessions currently scheduled at this time. 3. Get an instrument and a “Bow Time Bundle” In order to participate in Bow Time, your child will need an instrument and a “Bow Time Bundle”, which consists of the following items:
• A portable music stand, ideally with a carrying case. This will need to be brought to class each week because the school has a very limited number of music stands. • An Essential Elements book 1 specific to the instrument that your child has selected. • A shoulder rest if your child has selected violin or viola. • An end-pin strap if your child has selected cello
If your child already has an instrument, it is important to make sure that it is the correct size. Having a bow in good condition and rosin is also important.
In most cases, your child will need to get an instrument. Unless your child is big enough to get a full sized instrument (not usually the case for Elementary School children), it is much better to get a rental instrument. As your child grows, the rental instrument can be swapped out for a larger size at no cost, and rental expenses can usually be applied to the purchase of an instrument later on.
By far, the most convenient way the get what you need is to visit a Music and Arts store. If you attend an information session at your child's school, a representative from the music store will be present to assist. If you are unable to attend the information session, be sure to take your child with you so that they can get measured for the correct sized instrument. And, if you ask for a “Bow Time Bundle”, they will give you what you need at a 10% discount. Of course, you are free to get what you need at any store of your choosing.
There are two Music and Arts store locations as follows:
• 5950 Poyner Village Pkwy, Suite F101, Raleigh, NC 27616. They are located close to the Triangle Mall in North Raleigh. Their phone # is 919-872-1601. • 426 Crossroads Blvd, Cary, NC, 27518. They are located in the Cary Crossroads Plaza. Their phone # is 919-854-0024.
4. Beginner’s Classes
• If your child attends Aversboro Elementary, please contact Margaret Hryniuk at 919-772-9417, or E-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org • There are no beginners classes currently scheduled at Jones Dairy and Heritage Elementary. Please contact Presti Merrill at 919-971-6754 to see if she has time to bring your child up to speed at her home studio.
I hope that you will decide to get your child involved in Bow Time. If you have any questions, please contact Ted Wagner at 919-467-5855 or E-mail him at email@example.com
Copyright 2016 Bow Time At School. All rights reserved. 121 Penwood Drive Cary, NC27511 Ph: 919-467-5855 TedWagner71@yahoo.com